TREY BAILEY has served on the Newton County Board of Education since his appointment on March 15, 2016. Later that year, he ran, and won, in a special election to serve the remainder of Mr. Stan Edwards term (Mr. Edwards resigned to run, and win, the Newton County Board of Commissioners District 1 seat.)
Trey is a native of Newton County and has lived in District 1 for the last 22 years. He is married to his wife of 22 years, Alonda Hodges Bailey—a teacher at Mansfield Elementary School. Trey and Alonda Bailey have three daughters. Anna, age 12, attends Indian Creek Middle School, while Kaitlyn & Kristen, both age 9, attend Mansfield Elementary School.
Trey Bailey is the Executive Pastor at Eastridge Community Church, where he has been on staff for 14 years. After graduating from Newton County High School in 1992, he attended the University of Georgia before graduating from Mercer with a Bachelor in Business Information Systems.
Trey has served the Covington Newton County Chamber of Commerce as chairman of Leadership Newton County with five years service and three years on the Special Events Committee. He and his family have a great appreciation for the arts and he volunteers with both the Covington Regional Ballet and the Arts Association of Newton County.
He has a passion for learning and leading. Trey Bailey’s life mission statement is to be a catalyst for change in whatever opportunity is presented.
WHY VOTE FOR TREY?
- Proven executive LEADERSHIP in both for-profit and non-profit sectors in Newton County
- DEDICATED to the improvement of local public education
- INTEGRITY in decision making and not afraid to stand up for his BELIEFS
- Years of COMMUNITY service through Chamber of Commerce, The Arts Association, and the Board of Education
- Life-long RESIDENT of Newton County and graduate of Newton County High School 1992
- Wife is a TEACHER in Newton County 20+ years
- Father of THREE Newton County STUDENTS
To find out what Trey believes about the issues facing the Newton County School System click here THE ISSUES.
To contact Trey with questions or concerns click here CONTACT TREY.